1) Elected as a member of Governing Council of Pune City AIDS Control Society.
2) Elected on the Governing council of YMCAs national level of Women Empowerment.
3) Elected as a member on the Pune Women Police Team to work for the financial and social issues of women in Pune.
4) Elected as a member of ‘MAHAAN’ forum of the HIV/AIDS voluntary organizations working in Pune.
5) Elected as a member of the governing council of Maharashtra State AIDS Control Society.
6) Elected as a member of the Council on Human Trafficking by the Central government .
7) Actively working in the AIDS cell of the Congress Party.
8) Awarded by the Pune Police Commissioner as a ‘Society Friend’ .
9) Felicitated by Pune Municipal Corporation and its Transport department for making significant contributions in its field.
10) Awarded as an outstanding social worker by Pune City Congress Committee.
11) Awarded as an ‘Outstanding Woman’ by Yuva Bharti on the occasion of International Women’s Day on 8 March, 2002.
12) Social Service award given by Sheth Chimanlal Govinddas Trust.
13) Felicitated by Pune City Congress Committee on 2nd October 2006.
14) Felicitated by Ahmednagar District for bringing ‘Social Transformation’ in the society.
15) Felicitated on 21st Marathi Christian Literature Festival on 18 to 20 May 2007.
16) Felicitated by Jijamata award by the Swarajya Friends organization.
17) Felicitated by k. Shankar Rao Bhoi for bringing social transformation in the society .
18) Health Service award by the Mayor (Manmohan Singh Rajpal) on 10 jan 2010 .
19) Felicitated by Rohini Ravindra Jadhav Memorial Trust on the occasion of World AIDS Day on 27 January 2015.
20) Delhi- Uttam Shikshan Puraskar .
21) Bharat Shiksha Ratan Award by Global Society for Health and Educational Growth in 2015 .
22) Felicitated by Sanjeevan Social Development Organization (Rahuri)for bringing transformation in the Society in the year 2015 .
23) Felicitated by Rotary club of Scotland in August 2016 for outstanding social service among the sex workers and their children.
24) Felicitated by Soroptimist International Pune Metro East (SIPME) in June 2016 for empowering the sex workers and their kids in Pune’s Red Light Area.
25) Felicitated by Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Holkar Award for actively working for the cause of sex workers and their kids in July 2017.
1. Mrs. Seema Waghmode 2. Mr. Shirish Waghmode 3. Avril Duncan
Seema Waghmode founded Rev. Haribhau Waghmode Patil Pratishthan in 2005 as a means of rescuing and providing a safe home for the children of sex workers in the Red light area of Pune, India. She is also the founder of Kayakalpa which aims to empower the sex workers in the red light area of Pune. A well respected name in the world of social action, her expertise and 25 years of experience in the issues such as Women’s rights, sex trafficking, gender based violence, HIV/AIDS, Child Rights, etc.
Seema and her husband Shirish resides in Pune, India and have two daughters and three grandchildren.
President and founder
Shirish Waghmode , President , Founder, financial supporter, husband of Seema , name says it all. A man from the engineering background with 25 years of service to Larsen&Toubro , Powai, Maharashtra, he always knew he wanted to continue his father’s Rev. Haribhau Waghmode Patil incomplete dream to uplift the poor and give them life they deserved. He was also awarded by the Maharashtra state governor as a “Best Workman” in 1998. With his journey with Seema as a life partner as well as a strong support, he decided to take Seema’s vision to a next level under the name of his father.Shirish now permanently resides in Bori and supervises the activities of the child care center.
Member of The Guild , Church of Scotland
Born in Perth in 1949,married to Bill with two children and two grandchildren, Avril Duncan has dedicated her life for social work. During her working life ,Avril studied with the university of Wales,Lampeter , and received a certificate with Distinction in Interpersonal Skills in Management of Volunteers.
She has been visiting India since 2003 and performed various social activities with partners ,WAGGS. Avril is a founder member of Scribblers writing group and is on the Board of Directors for the Annie Unwin Trust and the Free to Live Trust.
4. Mr. Alan Cairns 5. Mrs. Pam Cairns
Member of The Free to Live Trust Member of The Free to Live Trust
Pam Cairns was a Medical Doctor by profession who along with her husband, Alan had a chance to lead a team of medical volunteers to the Amazon jungle of Peru. This trip made a deep impact on Pam so much so that she later gave up her profession and began to write on subjects highlighting the injustices meted out on the poor and the marginalized especially the children. Some of her books are: The Dead Don’t Hurt Us and Trampled Shoots
She is the Founder of “The Free to Live Trust” in Scotland which aims to rescue and restore victims of modern slavery and their children. Her contribution towards Seema’s Project has been very significant.
Alan Cairns is the co-founder of the Free to Live Trust and is currently working to rescue the abandoned children of enslaved sex workers in Pune, India. He is also the Treasurer of Rotary Club of Forfar, Scotland.